- The Meanings of the Built Environment (eBook, ePUB)70,95 €
- Signs, Meaning and Experience (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Semiotics and Documentary Film (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Concord in Discourse (eBook, PDF)145,95 €
- Sein und Schein (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Signs, Meaning and Experience (eBook, ePUB)72,95 €
The volume concentrates on monuments and memorials in post-Soviet countries in Eastern Europe, with a focus on Estonia. Elites in post-Soviet countries have often used monuments to shape meanings reflecting the needs of post-Soviet culture and society. However, individuals can interpret monuments in ways that are different from those envisioned by their designers. In Estonia, the relocation and removal of Soviet monuments and the erection of new ones has often created political divisions and resulted in civil disorder.
This book examines the potential gap between the designers' expectations and the users' interpretations of monuments and memorials. The main argument is that connecting semiotics and geography can provide an innovative framework to understand how monuments convey meanings and how these are variously interpreted at societal levels.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 201
- Erscheinungstermin: 18. Januar 2021
- ISBN-13: 9783110617276
- Artikelnr.: 61299226