- The Happy Birth Book (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Life After Birth (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Gentle Birth Method: The Month-by-Month Jeyarani Way Programme (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
- Baby sense (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Pregnancy & Birth - the Must-Know Info (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- How Babies Sleep (eBook, ePUB)12,26 €
- Birth Skills (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
At a time when pleas for the 'humanization' of childbirth are fashionable, the author suggests, rather, that we should first accept our 'mammalian' condition and give priority to the woman's need for privacy and to feel secure. The activity of the intellect, the use of language, and many cultural beliefs and rituals - which are all special to humans - are handicaps in the period surrounding birth. Says Odent: 'To give birth to her baby, the mother needs privacy. She needs to feel unobserved. The newborn baby needs the skin of the mother, the smell of the mother, her breast. These are all needs that we hold in common with the other mammals, but which humans have learned to neglect, to ignore or even deny."
Expectant parents, midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, those involved in public health, and all those interested in the future of humanity, will find this a provocative and visionary book.
- Verlag: Rudolf Steiner Press
- Seitenzahl: 176
- Erscheinungstermin: 09.07.2012
- ISBN-13: 9781905570416
- Artikelnr.: 55096722