- Release Your Inner Roman by Marcus Sidonius Falx (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Rubicon (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
- The Rise of the Roman Empire (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
- Annals (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- The Storm Before the Storm (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Barbarians (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
Slavery was a core institution in the Roman world for all its long existence. As they conquered, the Romans enslaved millions and then bred from this stock to maintain their numbers in times of peace. It almost never occurred to anyone that slavery might be dispensed with and to no one at all that it was morally reprehensible. Up to now ancient slavery may have been difficult to fathom: this Roman's-eye view takes us to the heart of the matter and, based on a wealth of original sources, lets us understand just why slaves meant so much to the Romans.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Profile
- Erscheinungstermin: 05.06.2014
- ISBN-13: 9781782830542
- Artikelnr.: 40895225