- From Communism to Capitalism (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Basic Writings of Nietzsche (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Power Of Ideas (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
- The Life Experience of an Evolutionary Cell Biologist and his Understanding of Modern China and Marxism (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Revolution and Other Essays (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Hegel: Lectures on the Philosophy of Religion (eBook, ePUB)24,95 €
In these essays, one of the most important thinkers of the twentieth century writes about communism and socialism, the problem of evil, Erasmus and the reform of the Church, reason and truth, and whether God is happy. Accessible and absorbing, the essays in Is God Happy? deal with some of the eternal problems of philosophy and the most vital questions of our age.
Leszek Kolakowski has also written on religion, Spinoza, Bergson, Pascal and seventeenth-century thought. He left communist Poland after his expulsion from Warsaw University for anti-communist activities. From 1970 he was a fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.
'His distinctive mix of irony and moral seriousness, religious sensibility and epistemological scepticism, social engagement and political doubt was truly rare ... a true Central European intellectual-perhaps the last' Tony Judt, The New York Times Review of Books
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Books Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 352
- Erscheinungstermin: 01.11.2012
- ISBN-13: 9780141389578
- Artikelnr.: 38136602