- The Reformation: A Brief History38,99 €
- The Catholic Reformation37,99 €
- Reformation Thought31,99 €
- A History of Religion in Wales - A Collection of Historical Articles on Methodism, Puritanism, the Reformation and Other Religions of Wales43,99 €
- The A to Z of the Reformation and Counter-Reformation50,99 €
- Interpreting Christian History46,99 €
- A History of Preaching - From the Close of the Reformation Period to the End of the Nineteenth Century 1572-1900 - Vol. II35,99 €
- Verlag: John Wiley & Sons
- Seitenzahl: 280
- Erscheinungstermin: 11. Juli 2008
- Abmessung: 244mm x 170mm x 15mm
- Gewicht: 488g
- ISBN-13: 9781405114233
- ISBN-10: 1405114231
- Artikelnr.: 22703986
Part 1 Options and Visions for Women.
1. Prophets, Visionaries, and Martyrs - Ursula Jost andher Publisher Margarethe Prüss.
2. The Monastic Option - The Struggle of the Convents.
3. Marriage and Motherhood - The Preferred Calling.
4. Learning and Power - An Elusive Option.
Part 2 Women as Models, Leaders and Teachers of theReformation.
5. "Herr Doktor" Katharina von Bora,1499-1552, The Lutheran Matriarch.
6. Argula von Grumbach, 1492 to 1563/68? - A BavarianApologist and a Pamphleteer.
7. Elisabeth von Brandenburg, 1485-1555, and Elisabeth vonBraunschweig, 1510-1558 - Exiled Mothers, ReformingRulers.
8. Katharina Schütz Zell, 1498-1562 - APublishing Church Mother in Strasbourg.
9. Marie Dentière, 1495-1561 - A GenevanReformer and Writer.
10. Marguerite de Navarre, 1492-1549, and Jeanned'Albret, 1528-1572 - The Protectors of theFrench Reformers.
11. Renée de France, 1510-1575 - A Friend ofthe Huguenots.
12. Olimpia Fulvia Morata, 1526-1555 - An ItalianScholar.
Conclusions and Observations on Gender and the Reformation.
"Thiswork should be viewed as a very welcome teaching resource: itprovides novice undergraduate students of the early modern with themeans to be informed about and inspired by the Reformation, whilstofferingample resources for postgraduates to develop ideas."(Journal of Theological Studies, April2010)
"Concise descriptions summarize basic biographical informationand analyze the leadership role of these women in the largerreformatory movements. ... A thorough bibliography (thirty-sixpages) offers wide possibilities for further reading. The booksucceeds in its goal." (Religious Studies Review, December2009)
"The text is fairly described as ground breaking. An extensivebibliography and a full index are provided. The price for such anacademic study is refreshingly modest." (History, October2008)