- Insight Guides Explore Sri Lanka (Travel Guide eBook) (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Seoul Travel Guide: Top Attractions, Hotels, Food Places, Shopping Streets, and Everything You Need to Know (eBook, ePUB)2,56 €
- Living in Singapore: Fourteenth Edition Reference Guide - Regional Travel (eBook, ePUB)2,49 €
- Dubai Dreams (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Thailand: A Beginners Guidebook To Traveling And Seeing Thailand To The Fullest And Having Fun! (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
- tolino shine 395,00 €
- Radio Shangri-La (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
Winner of the Thomas Cook/Daily Telegraph Travel Book Award in the UK and a New York Times Bestseller in the USA, it recounts the author's daring and passionate investigation into an extraordinary culture, first as a clandestine guest of the mujaheddin during the Soviet occupation, and ten years later during the Taleban advance on the besieged capital, Kabul.
This new edition of An Unexpected Light is illustrated with the author's photographs and celebrates a classic work of travel literature.
'Jason Elliot is that rare traveller who surrenders himself to people and places and this tale is a many-layered reconstruction of his experience . . . I am sure this book will soon be among the classics of travel'
'An Unexpected Light is often unexpectedly funny and constantly perceptive, but it is also profound' New York Times
'What raises the book to the level of a classic is its intensely personal meditation on the magic of unplanned adventure, of the pain and pleasure of pushing into the unknown. The whole book, like Elliot's travels themselves, operated on this heightened level' The Times
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Pan Macmillan
- Seitenzahl: 496
- Erscheinungstermin: 9. Mai 2011
- ISBN-13: 9780330542050
- Artikelnr.: 39886911