- The Swiss Alpine Pass Route - Via Alpina Route 1 (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- tolino shine 395,00 €
- The Swiss Alps (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
- Alpine Ski Mountaineering Vol 1 - Western Alps (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Climb to the Lost World (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Eiger Dreams (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- When the Alps Cast Their Spell (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
John Harlin led the four-man British-American team and intended to make an Alpine-style dash for the summit as soon as weather conditions allowed. The Germans, with an eight-man team, planned a relentless Himalayan-style ascent, whatever the weather.
The authors were key participants as the dramatic events unfolded. Award-winning writer Peter Gillman, then twenty-three, was reporting for the Telegraph, talking to the climbers by radio and watching their monumental struggles from telescopes at the Kleine Scheidegg hotel. Renowned Scottish climber Dougal Haston was a member of Harlin's team, forging the way up crucial pitches on the storm-battered mountain. Chris Bonington began as official photographer but then played a vital role in the ascent.
Eiger Direct, first published in 1966, is a story of risk and resilience as the climbers face storms, frostbite and tragedy in their quest to reach the summit.
This edition features a new introduction by Peter Gillman.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Vertebrate Publishing
- Seitenzahl: 180
- Erscheinungstermin: 23. Januar 2020
- ISBN-13: 9781912560585
- Artikelnr.: 58594787