- Exploring the Appalachian Trail: Hikes in the Southern Appalachians (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Rock Climbing Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland (eBook, ePUB)22,95 €
- Touring the Springs of Florida (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Hiking South Florida and the Keys (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Hiking North Florida and the Panhandle (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Hiking Georgia (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- 50 Hikes in Central Florida (Third Edition) (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
As one of the last unexplored corners of the world, in order to reach the foot of the prow the motley yet vastly experienced expedition trudged through a saturated world of bizarre vegetation, fantastically contorted slime-coated trees and deep white mud; a world dominated by bushmaster snakes, scorpions and giant bird-eating spiders.
This wasn't the end of it, however. The stately prow itself posed extreme technical complications: the rock was streaming with water, and the few-and-far-between ledges were teeming with scorpion-haunted bromeliads. This was not a challenge to be taken lightly. However, if anyone was going to do it, it was going to be this group of UK climbing pioneers, backed by The Observer, supported by the Guyanan Government, and accompanied by a BBC camera team, their mission was very much in the public eye.
Climb to the Lost World is a story of discovering an alien world of tortured rock formations, sunken gardens and magnificent waterfalls, combined with the trials and tribulations of day-to-day expedition life. MacInnes' dry humour and perceptive observations of his companions, flora and fauna relay the story of this first ascent with passion and in true explorer style.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Vertebrate Publishing
- Seitenzahl: 270
- Erscheinungstermin: 21. Dezember 2017
- ISBN-13: 9781911342298
- Artikelnr.: 50473686