- Spinning Strings and Correlation Functions in the AdS/CFT Correspondence (eBook, PDF)87,95 €
- The Universality of Physics (eBook, PDF)73,95 €
- Nonperturbative Quantum Field Theory (eBook, PDF)52,95 €
- M-Theory and Quantum Geometry (eBook, PDF)81,95 €
- Computer Simulations in Condensed Matter: From Materials to Chemical Biology. Volume 1 (eBook, PDF)70,95 €
- A Brief History of String Theory (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- Perturbative and Non-perturbative Approaches to String Sigma-Models in AdS/CFT (eBook, PDF)79,95 €
Eventually, the concept of orientifold constructions is explained in detail for the example of the bosonic string.
In providing many detailed CFT calculations, this book is ideal for students and scientists intending to become acquainted with CFT techniques relevant for string theory but also for students and non-specialists from related fields.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 265
- Erscheinungstermin: 11. Juli 2009
- ISBN-13: 9783642004506
- Artikelnr.: 44221010
"Conformal Field Theory (CFT) has found applications in string theory, statistical physics, condensed matter, and has been an inspiration for developments in pure mathemathics as well. ... It is based on a graduate course at the LMU in Munich in 2007/2008 with special emphasis on computational issues, important for applications in string theory. ... This book will be useful to graduate students interested in new mathematical developments in CFT techniques relevant for string theory." (Gert Roepstorff, Zentralblatt MATH, Vol. 1175, 2010)
"Based on a graduate course for master's students, this book provides an introduction to basic techniques for conformal field theory in two dimensions, with emphasis on applications to string theory. ... This book covers many aspects of conformal field theory with the intent of presenting concrete computational techniques in examples relevant for string theory. It provides an ideal resource for CFT techniques from related fields." (Si Li, Mathematical Reviews, Issue 2012 h)