- Sex, Crime, Drugs, and Just Plain Stupid Behaviors (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
- Measuring Human Trafficking (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- Human Trafficking in Conflict (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- Policing Encounters with Vulnerability (eBook, PDF)68,95 €
- Victim Participation Rights (eBook, PDF)60,95 €
- Confronting Gun Violence in America (eBook, PDF)24,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
In the book, the research is based on primary sources-interviews with police officers of varying ranks: those who are involved in the killings; those who facilitate such operations; and those who are mute spectators. The book deals with universal, fundamental themes such as: what makes ordinary, decent human beings do horrible things? What motivational techniques and justifications are used to override social norms governing moral conduct, centring on the sector of society mandated to use deadly force against civilians? Why in a democratic country the abuse of police powers appears to be overtly and tacitly encouraged?
Permission to Shoot? seeks to provide broad guidelines and recommendations for reforms in policing policy and practice in developing countries. The research peels back the lies and deceit that surround this issue, but more than that it shows how those lies and deceit act to support the practice itself.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 226
- Erscheinungstermin: 27.09.2010
- ISBN-13: 9781441909756
- Artikelnr.: 37346998