- The Longest Day (eBook, ePUB)14,70 €
- The Guns at Last Light (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Voices from D-Day (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Hitler and the Habsburgs (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- Mafia Republic: Italy's Criminal Curse. Cosa Nostra, 'Ndrangheta and Camorra from 1946 to the Present (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- D-Day Hero (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
The Italian campaign's outcome was never certain; in fact, Roosevelt, Churchill and their military advisors engaged in heated debate about whether an invasion of the so-called soft underbelly of Europe was even a good idea. But once underway, the commitment to liberate Italy from the Nazis never wavered, despite the agonizingly high price. The battles at Salerno, Anzio, and Monte Cassino were particularly difficult and lethal, yet as the months passed, the Allied forces continued to push the Germans up the Italian peninsula. And with the liberation of Rome in June 1944, ultimate victory at last began to seem inevitable.
Drawing on an astonishing array of primary source material, written with great drama and flair, this is narrative history of the first rank.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Little, Brown Book Group
- Seitenzahl: 816
- Erscheinungstermin: 02.05.2013
- ISBN-13: 9781405527255
- Artikelnr.: 39451276