- Historical Archeology of Tourism in Yellowstone National Park (eBook, PDF)54,95 €
- Please God Send Me a Wreck (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
- Reshaping Urban Conservation (eBook, PDF)107,95 €
- Archaeological Heritage in a Modern Urban Landscape (eBook, PDF)49,95 €
- Monumentality in Later Prehistory (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Materializing Colonial Encounters (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Shared Knowledge, Shared Power (eBook, PDF)49,95 €
As part of their training, archaeologists often seek work in parts of Britain, either for experience before travelling elsewhere, or directly as part of their career progression. While this does involve reading published material on excavation techniques, archaeological theory, and specific heritage management practices, or research using the Internet, the ideal preparation to working in Britain for the first time requires practitioners to know a little about a lot. Currently, there is no single resource which provides that primary resource for budding archaeologists.
Archaeological Practice in Great Britain will provide just such a resource: presented in an accessible style, with a comprehensive and up-to-date bibliography and lists of useful websites. Professionals with particular areas of expertise will contribute short sections on particular subjects, incorporated into the main text prepared by the authors. Throughout, the specific contexts and differences between the various component nations and regions of Great Britain will be made clear.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 19.08.2011
- ISBN-13: 9780387094533
- Artikelnr.: 43787727
2. A history of archaeology in Britain
3. Britain's Archaological Resource: a brief survey
4. Legal and administrative frameworks
5. Acquiring Data : before fieldwork
6. Acquiring Data: during excavation and survey
7. Achieving Results : analysis, application, publication and dissemination
7. Opportunities, Funding, and keeping safe
Appendix: Useful web resources