- Molecular Origins of Brain and Body Geometry (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
- The Role of Biotechnology in Improvement of Livestock (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
- Zebrafish, Medaka, and Other Small Fishes (eBook, PDF)125,95 €
- Current Ornithology Volume 17 (eBook, PDF)160,95 €
- Modellorganismen (eBook, PDF)26,99 €
- Predator Recognition in Birds (eBook, PDF)45,95 €
- The Biology of the Avian Respiratory System (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
The unexpected patterns displayed by a bird's body have been seen as bizarre events that demanded little attention or were described as 'amazing curiosities'.
None of these surprising features seem to be fortuitous. They appear to be an integral part of a rigid order and a coherent geometry, which is directed by simple gene interactions and molecular cascades occurring at various cellular levels, and at different times, during the organism's development.
A novel geometry unfolds in front of your eyes, giving the body configurations another meaning.
Lima-de-Faria is Professor Emeritus of Molecular Cytogenetics at Lund University, Lund, Sweden. This is his sixth book dealing with the molecular organization of the chromosome and its implications for the understanding of the mechanisms responsible for biological evolution.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 19.03.2012
- ISBN-13: 9783642253010
- Artikelnr.: 37374887