- Geto Boys' The Geto Boys (eBook, PDF)9,95 €
- Donny Hathaway's Donny Hathaway Live (eBook, PDF)9,95 €
- Carole King's Tapestry (eBook, PDF)9,95 €
- The Beach Boys' Smile (eBook, PDF)9,95 €
- Hip Hop Headphones (eBook, PDF)22,95 €
- Phish's A Live One (eBook, PDF)9,95 €
- Sleater-Kinney's Dig Me Out (eBook, PDF)9,95 €
Almost thirty years later, the New Kids still perform the songs from Hangin' Tough.Hundreds of thousands of grown women still flock to their concerts to hear-and go bat-shit crazy for-the songs they first heard when they were teenagers. Is this mere nostalgia or can the science of music help explain the enduring success of Hangin' Tough? What is it about this album that made it so special? Is the music any good or are there other factors at play too?
Journalist and New Kids fan Rebecca Wallwork sets out to analyze the quality of Hangin' Tough with the help of music cognition experts, critics, producers and music industry pros. This is not a story about crazy fans, boy bands and truckloads of cheesy merchandise; it is an exploration of a watershed album and moment in pop culture history. It is a glimpse into the brain of not just New Kids fans, but into the minds and hearts of anyone who loves music.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury Publishing Inc
- Seitenzahl: 160
- Erscheinungstermin: 21. April 2016
- ISBN-13: 9781628929744
- Artikelnr.: 48420811
Chapter 1: Do You Remember?
Chapter 2: It Starts With a Whisper
Chapter 3: Rise N' Grind
Chapter 4: Listen Up, Everybody
Chapter 5: Space Cowboy
Chapter 6: Click, Click, Click
Chapter 7: Let's Get This
Chapter 8: Put You in a Trance
Chapter 9: BH Love Eternal
Pose For Me (photos)