Although there is no cure for Peyronie's diseases, this text discusses treatments that may result in physical improvement or help to stabilize the scarring process. For those with a more advanced disease, surgical options to correct the deformity in an effort to make the patients functional again are reviewed. Also discussed are the many misconceptions about Peyronie's disease, so that a practicing physician will be able to diagnose, treat, or refer the patient more appropriately. An accompanying DVD reviews the most frequently performed operations, with tips on patient selection and surgical techniques for correction of Peyronie's disease.
As the first medical text on the subject, Peyronie's Disease: A Guide to Clinical Management provides an up-to-date summary of the etiology, natural history, and pathophysiology of this disease as well as presents a review of the available medical and surgical treatment options.
- Current Clinical Urology
- Verlag: Springer, Berlin
- Erscheinungstermin: 8. August 2007
- Abmessung: 259mm x 186mm x 26mm
- Gewicht: 898g
- ISBN-13: 9781588296146
- ISBN-10: 1588296148
- Artikelnr.: 22514700
- Laurence A. Levine M.D.
1. Historical review of Peyronie's disease: de la Peyronie to Devine
- Emre Akkus M.D.
2. Epidemiology of Peyronie's disease
- Ates Kadioglu M.D. and Oner Sanli M.D.
3. Experimental models for the study of the cellular and molecular pathophysiology of Peyronie's disease
- Nestor F Gonzalez-Cadavid Phd and Jacob Rajfer Phd.
4. The clinical implications of basic science research in Peyronie's disease.
- John P. Mulhall.
5. Evaluation of the man with Peyronie's disease
- Jason M Greenfield, M.D. and Laurence A. Levine, M.D.
6. Oral Therapy-Peyronie's Disease - Levine April 1st 2005.
- Claudio Teloken M.D, Tulio Graziottin M.D and Patrick Teloken M.D.
7. Intralesional treatment of Peyronie's disease
- Muammer Kendririci M.D , London Trost M.D and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom M.D.
8. Topical therapy: Iontophoresis and Electromotive Drug Administration
- Savino M. Di Stasi M.D, Antonella Giannantoni M.D,
Emmanuele A. Jannini M.D, Giuseppe Vespasiani M.D,
Luigi Storti M.D , Francesco Attisani M.D and Robert L. Stephen
9. Topical therapy for Peyronie's disease: Ultrasound, laser, gels/creams/solutions
- Paul F. Engelhardt M.D and Claus R. Riedl M.D.
10. Combination non-surgical therapy
- Vincenzo Mirone M.D11. Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) in Peyronie's disease
- Ekkehard W. Hauck M.D and Wolfgang Weidner M.D.
12. The Nesbit and plication procedures for Peyronie's disease
- David Ralph M.D.
13. Penile Plication using the 16-Dot Technique
-Robert C. Dean, M.D. and Tom F. Lue, M.D.
14. Penile Straightening with Tunica Albuginea Plication - TAP Procedure
- Laurence A. Levine, M.D.
15. Incisional corporoplasty for thecorrection of Peyronie's disease caused penile curvature
- Daniel Yachia M.D.
16. Peyronie's disease: Surgical straightening with tunica plication and tunica transfer
- Dimitros G. Hatzichristou M.D and Konstantinos Hatzichristou M.D, PhD.
17. A review of plaque incision with focus on temporalis fascia grafts
- Martin Gelbard
18. Venous patch graft surgery for Peyronie's disease
- Robert C. Dean M.D and Tom F. Lue M.D.
19. Use of Porcine Small Intestinal Mucosal Graft in the Surgical Management of Peyronie's Disease
- L. Dean Knoll M.D.
20. Penile Straightening with Plaque Incision or Partial Excision and Human Pericardial Grafting Technique
- Laurence A. Levine, M.D.
21. Surgical straightening with tunica incision and grafting technique (Single relaxing incision based on geometrical principles)
- Paulo Egydio M.D.
22. Minimally invasive intracorporal incision of Peyronie's plaque
- Anthony J. Bella M.D and Gerald B. Brock M.D
23. Surgical straightening with penile prosthesis
- Culley Carson M.D and Steve Wilson M.D.