- Protest, Defiance and Resistance in the Channel Islands (eBook, PDF)22,95 €
- Defeating Hitler (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Crime, Regulation and Control During the Blitz (eBook, ePUB)24,95 €
- Empire of the Seas (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- The German Occupation of the Channel Islands (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Facing the Catastrophe (eBook, ePUB)24,95 €
Yet there is one exception to this trend among previously occupied territories: the British Channel Islands. Collective identity construction in the islands still relies on the notion of 'orderly and correct relations' with the Germans, while talk of 'resistance' earns raised eyebrows. The general attitude to the many witnesses of conscience who existed in the islands remains ambiguous.
This book conversely and expertly argues that there was in fact resistance against the Germans in the Channel Islands and is the first text to fully explore the complex relationship that existed between the Germans and the people of the only part of the British Isles to experience occupation.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 368
- Erscheinungstermin: 19.06.2014
- ISBN-13: 9781472512963
- Artikelnr.: 41004600