- Forgotten Bastards of the Eastern Front (eBook, PDF)15,95 €
- Russia's Last Gasp (eBook, PDF)11,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Kursk 1943 (eBook, PDF)10,95 €
- Soviet Destroyers of World War II (eBook, PDF)7,99 €
- On a Knife's Edge (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Soviet Cruise Missile Submarines of the Cold War (eBook, PDF)7,99 €
The surrender of General Friedrich von Paulus's army left Germany's eastern armies severely weakened, but the Red Army had suffered enormous losses as it overreached itself in trying to exploit its great victory. The war was not over. Germany would continue the fight, and the battles that took place in the winter of 1942/43 would show the tactical and operational skill of Erich von Manstein and the Wehrmacht as they attempted to avert total disaster.
In this title, now available in paperback, a renowned expert on warfare on the Eastern Front reveals the often-overlooked German counteroffensive post-Stalingrad, and how it prevented the whole Axis front line from collapsing. Drawing on first-hand accounts, On a Knife's Edge is a story of brilliant generalship, lost opportunities and survival in the harshest theatre of war.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 448
- Erscheinungstermin: 18.10.2018
- ISBN-13: 9781472828361
- Artikelnr.: 54819228