- Japan and the Graphic: A Complete Record of Events, 1870-1899240,99 €
- Global Entertainment Media: A Critical Introduction57,99 €
- Walter Benjamin and the Media76,99 €
- Walter Benjamin and the Media30,99 €
- The Lebanese Media68,99 €
- Shooting Hipsters: Rethinking Dissent in the Age of PR15,99 €
- What Is Media Archaeology?30,99 €
As part of the book's overview of the contemporary characteristics of Arab media, the authors outline the development of the role of modern Arab media from a tool of mobilizing the public to a tool of commercial and symbolic profit. Overall, the volume illustrates how the Arab region represents a unique case where the commercialization and liberalization of selected media industries has gone hand in hand with continuous state intervention and an increasing self censorship.
Written for students without prior knowledge of the topic, Arab Media will be essential reading for all interested in the contemporary global media industries.