- Against the Current (eBook, PDF)104,95 €
- Studies in the Philosophy of Science (eBook, PDF)66,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- Studies in Philosophical Anthropology (eBook, PDF)68,95 €
- Logic (eBook, PDF)115,95 €
- Studies in Pragmatism (eBook, PDF)61,95 €
- Epistemic Pragmatism and Other Studies in the Theory of Knowledge (eBook, PDF)59,95 €
It must be acknowledged that the essays presented here do not constitute a systematic account of any sort but represent occasional forays. Some deal with matters that happened to evoke Rescher's interest, others grew out of a chance encounter with a text he deemed to be of particular value. Throughout, challenges of the work itself more than compensated the author's efforts. Logic has always been of crucially important concern to philosophers. Rescher's own involvement with the history of logic goes back to his work on Leibniz in the 1950's (represented by Chapter 8 of the present book). Thereafter, during the 1960's he devoted considerable effort to the contributions of the medieval logicians of the Arabic-using world (here represented in Chapters 2-6). Moreover, Rescher have from time to time returned to the area to look at some aspects of the more recent scene, as Chapters 8-9 illustrate. In some instances the present essays have been overtaken by subsequent events-events which in fact helped to promote. This is true in particular in chapter 6's work on Arabic work regarding temporal modalities, which was instrumental in evoking the important contributions of Tony Street of Cambridge University.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 189
- Erscheinungstermin: 02.05.2013
- ISBN-13: 9783110326444
- Artikelnr.: 44455520