- Fashion: A Timeline in Photographs: 1850 to Today86,99 €
- Ralph Lauren: Revised and Expanded Anniversary Edition38,99 €
- Christian Louboutin The Exhibition(ist)39,99 €
- Little Guides to Style II39,99 €
- Gloss: The Work of Chris Von Wangenheim81,99 €
- 101 Things I Learned(r) in Fashion School13,99 €
- The Candy Book of Transversal Creativity: The Best of Candy Magazine, Allegedly37,99 €
From Ancient Egypt and Marie Antionette to Alexander McQueen and Chanel, this visual fashion design book charts the evolution of clothing and shows how every generation reinvents fashion!
The perfect fashion coffee table book! Here's what you'll find inside:
- Covers the most important and iconic fashion periods in vivid detail, from ancient times to the present day, in extensive catalogue spreads
- From a crinoline to a Givenchy gown, specially photographed "virtual tours" of classic pieces spotlight the details that make up a masterpiece
- Profiles showcase the key styles and works of trailblazing designers, describing how they have influenced the clothes we wear
- Beautiful double-page images from fashion archives show how people have embraced fashion in every era and place fashion in its cultural context
The fashion industry is yours to explore! Packed with a dazzling combination of original fashion plates, archive images, and commissioned photography, Fashion takes you on a fabulous tour across the centuries! It catalogues the history of what people wear - revealing how Western fashion has been influenced by design from around the world - and celebrating everything from costumes to haute couture.
Now fully revised and updated, this lavishly illustrated book about fashion includes recent subjects of interest including the increased role of social media, fast fashion, sustainable fashion, and the drive for improved diversity and beauty ideals. The illustrated glossary of technical terms and a comprehensive index help make this page-turning fashion book an indispensable work of reference for any fashion student or fashionista's shelf.
Look out for more titles in The Definitive Visual Guide series from DK. Experience the power of art and take a guided tour of the world's most influential paintings in Art, or celebrate the history and evolution of design movements in Design.