- The United States of Arugula (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- In the Devil's Garden (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Closet of the Eminently Learned Sir Kenelm Digby (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- Olive Odyssey (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
- The Cooking Gene (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Edible French (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- The Delta Queen Cookbook (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
Beyond their legacy as revolutionaries and politicians, the Founding Fathers of America were first and foremost a group of farmers. Passionate about the land and the bounty it produced, their love of food and the art of eating created what would ultimately become America's diverse food culture.
Like many of today's foodies, the Founding Fathers were ardent supporters of sustainable farming and ranching, exotic imported foods, brewing, distilling, and wine appreciation. Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin penned original recipes, encouraged local production of beer and wine, and shared their delight in food with friends and fellow politicians.
In The Founding Foodies, food writer Dave DeWitt entertainingly describes how some of America's most famous colonial leaders not only established America's political destiny, but also revolutionized the very foods we eat.
Features over thirty authentic colonial recipes, including:
- Thomas Jefferson's ice cream
- A recipe for beer by George Washington
- Martha Washington's fruitcake
- Medford rum punch
- Terrapin soup
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Sourcebooks Inc
- Seitenzahl: 336
- Erscheinungstermin: 01.11.2010
- ISBN-13: 9781402258992
- Artikelnr.: 37853322