- You and I Eat the Same (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Dirt (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
- The Omnivore's Dilemma (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Madrid (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Food in the Gilded Age (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- The Consolation of Food (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
'Compelling, vivid . . . Slow Rise will be welcomed by the new bread geeks' Spectator
Over the course of a year, Robert Penn learns how to plant, harvest, thresh and mill his own wheat, in order to bake bread for his family. In returning to this pre-industrial practice, he tells the fascinating story of our relationship with bread: from the domestication of wheat in the Fertile Crescent at the dawn of civilization, to the rise of mass-produced loaves and the resurgence in homebaking today.
Gathering knowledge and wisdom from experts around the world - farmers on the banks of the Nile, harvesters in the American Midwest and Parisian boulangers - Penn reconnects the joy of making and eating bread with a deep appreciation for the skill and patience required to cultivate its key ingredient. This book is a celebration of the millennia-old craft of breadmaking, and how it is woven into the story of humanity.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Books Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 240
- Erscheinungstermin: 25. Februar 2021
- ISBN-13: 9780241352090
- Artikelnr.: 59373197