Is there any food that evokes pleasant memories and warm feelings more than bread? It's the most basic of foods, yet many of us are intimidated by the prospect of making our own. "Artisan" bread, craft bakeries, and wood-fired pizza are gaining popularity - imagine creating these fabulous breads at home.
With From No-Knead to Sourdough, author Victoria Redhed Miller blends her own journey toward self-reliance with her fascination for traditional homesteading skills and love of good food. From making simple yeast breads, to learning how to bake a wide variety of sourdough-based breads, the author's curiosity and fearlessness come together to share with readers a simpler approach to the pleasures of bread-baking.
- Fitting bread-baking into your schedule
- Low- and no-gluten baking, including GF sourdough breads
- Using a wood-fired oven
- Recipes for every comfort zone, from flatbread to sourdough
- "Sexy science talk" sidebars for those interested in the science of baking.
From No-Knead to Sourdough will inspire the beginner and the accomplished baker alike to find their own comfort zone and move on to new skills when they are ready. Pizza and bagels, flatbreads and loaf breads, even gluten-free breads - you become the artisan when you make your own bread.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: New Society Publishers
- Seitenzahl: 288
- Altersempfehlung: ab 16 Jahre
- Erscheinungstermin: 26.06.2018
- ISBN-13: 9781771422710
- Artikelnr.: 52532505
Introduction: Pure Bread
Part One: Finding Your Comfort Zone
1. Handmade Bread: It's No Wonder
2. Getting in the Zone: How to Use This Book
3. Flour, Salt, Yeast, Water
4. Understanding Gluten
5. From Mixing Bowl to Bread Machine: Use What Works for You
6. How to Make Dough: The Gentle Craft of Fermentation
7. Shaping, Proofing, and Baking Bread
Part Two: Yeast Breads
8. Comfort Zone 1: No-knead Breads
9. Bagels and Other Specialty Yeast Breads
10. Comfort Zone 2: Kneaded Breads
11. Unusual Yeast Breads
Part Three: Breads Made with Pre-ferments
12. Comfort Zone 3: Sponge, Poolish, Biga
Part Four: Sourdough and Other Breads Made with a Storage Leaven
14. Levain, Desem, Barm: Introducing Sourdough Starters
15. Comfort Zone 4: Making Your First Sourdough Starter
16. Making Long-fermented Sourdough Bread
17. Comfort Zone 5: Sourdough and Yeasted Rye Breads
Part Five: Low- and No-gluten Breads
18. Comfort Zone 6: Low- and No-gluten Breads19. Gluten-free Yeast Breads
20. Gluten-free Sourdough Starters and Breads
Part Six: The Wood-fired Oven
21. The Homestead Hearth: Why and How I Built My Wood-fired Oven
22. Heating and Using Your Wood-fired Oven
23. Skillet Breads
24. Naan and Pita: Two Favorite Flatbreads
25. Go to Your Kitchen and Play!
Appendix A: Converting Weights and Measures
Appendix B: Recommended Books and Other Resources
About the Author
About New Society Publishers