- Imperial Immigrants (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- An Unstoppable Force (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Strange Odyssey of Poland's National Treasures, 1939-1961 (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Surplus People (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Flight from Famine (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- William Wye Smith (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- The Polish Experience through World War II (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
As they were being moved from Tanganyika in 1949, through Italy and Germany to Canada, the situation became an international incident. Warsaw protested that Canada and the International Refugee Organisation, with the active collaboration of the American and British governments, were kidnapping the children to use as slave labour on Canadian farms and in Canadian factories, tearing them from their families in Poland. The incident even reached the floor of the General Assembly of the United Nations, and dragged the Italian, British, and American governments before all was said and done.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Dundurn
- Seitenzahl: 280
- Erscheinungstermin: 14.12.2009
- ISBN-13: 9781770705579
- Artikelnr.: 38343145