- Wrong About Japan (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Call Me American (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- A Tokyo Romance (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- An American Family (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Sigh, Gone (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- Dear America \ Querida America (Spanish edition) (eBook, ePUB)10,62 €
- My Year of Dirt and Water (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
Leslie D. Helm's decision to adopt Japanese children launches him on a personal journey through his family's 140 years in Japan, beginning with his great-grandfather, who worked as a military advisor in 1870 and defied custom to marry his Japanese mistress. The family's poignant experiences of love and war help Helm overcome his cynicism and embrace his Japanese and American heritage.
This is the first book to look at Japan across five generations, with perspective that is both from the inside and through foreign eyes. Helm draws on his great-grandfather's unpublished memoir and a wealth of primary source material to bring his family history to life.
Leslie D. Helm is a veteran foreign correspondent, having served eight years in Tokyo for Business Week and the Los Angeles Times. Currently, he is editor of Seattle Business, a monthly magazine that has won multiple first place excellence in journalism awards in the Pacific Northwest. Helm earned a master's degree in journalism from the Columbia University School of Journalism and in Asian studies from the University of California, Berkeley. He was born and raised in Yokohama, Japan, where his family has lived since 1868.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Chin Music Press Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 384
- Erscheinungstermin: 01.03.2013
- ISBN-13: 9780984457694
- Artikelnr.: 38231410