- The Evolution of Irish Nationalist Politics (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- 50 Dáil Debates that Shaped the Nation (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Big Fellow, Long Fellow. A Joint Biography of Collins and De Valera (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- No solution (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Michael Collins: The Lost Leader (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- War and an Irish Town (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- De Valera Volume 1 (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
Friend and foe have described the IRA as 'socialists', 'Marxists', 'fascists' or simply as militaristic and murderous thugs. In this highly praised work the author steers us through the inevitably secretive history of both the Provisional and the Official IRA, Sinn Fein and their various front organisations, teasing out the real politics behind the labels.
The e-book edition contains a major new chapter examining the peace process and Sinn Fein's participation in Northern Ireland's power-sharing government, and Henry Patterson concludes that, even though the IRA is no longer attempting to bomb Ulster Protestants into submission, nationalism and the politics of the left make uneasy and, when the rhetoric is cleared away, illusory bed-fellows.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Serif Books
- Erscheinungstermin: 19. Mai 2015
- ISBN-13: 9781909150195
- Artikelnr.: 43088187