- The Power of Geography (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- Maps That Made History (eBook, ePUB)15,95 €
- The Manchester Compendium (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- Nature's Mutiny: How the Little Ice Age of the Long Seventeenth Century Transformed the West and Shaped the Present (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Sicily (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Little Book of Limerick (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- When the Hangman Came to Galway (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
A spectacular, large-format collection of Adam Dant's fine art maps giving a unique view of our history and life today.
Artist and cartographer Adam Dant surveys London's past, present and future from his studio in the East End. Beautiful, witty and subversive, his astonishing maps offer a compelling view of history, lore, language and life in the capital and beyond.
Traversed by a plethora of colourful characters including William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Mary Wollstonecraft and Barbara Windsor, Adam Dant's maps extend from the shipwrecks on the bed of the Thames to the stars in the sky over Soho. Along the way, he captures all the rich traditions in the capital, from brawls and buried treasure to gin and gentlemen's clubs.
Accompanying text by the artist gives the background to each of the handsome cartographic artworks, revealing his inspirations and artistic process and outlining his cultural allusions. Reproduced in large format, the maps invite the reader to study all the astonishing and often hilarious details within, offering hours of fascination for the curious.
Published in conjunction with the Spitalfields Life blog, Maps of London & Beyond includes an extensive interview with Adam Dant by the blog's founder The Gentle Author.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Batsford
- Seitenzahl: 112
- Erscheinungstermin: 26. Oktober 2018
- ISBN-13: 9781849945332
- Artikelnr.: 54424572