- Testosterone Rex9,99 €
- Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference16,99 €
- Gender Policy and HIV in China112,99 €
- Gender Policy and HIV in China118,99 €
- Sex for Structuralists58,99 €
- Sex for Structuralists62,99 €
- Empowerment und Selbstwirksamkeit von trans* und intergeschlechtlichen Menschen19,90 €
'Fun, droll yet deeply serious.' New Scientist
'A brilliant feminist critic of the neurosciences ... Read her, enjoy and learn.' Hilary Rose, THES
'A witty and meticulously researched exposÃ© of the sloppy studies that pass for scientific evidence in so many of today's bestselling books on sex differences.' Carol Tavris, TLS
Gender inequalities are increasingly defended by citing hard-wired differences between the male and female brain. That's why, we're told, there are so few women in science, so few men in the laundry room - different brains are just suited to different things.
With sparkling wit and humour, Cordelia Fine attacks this 'neurosexism', revealing the mind's remarkable plasticity, the substantial influence of culture on identity, and the malleability of what we consider to be 'hardwired' difference.
This modern classic shows the surprising extent to which boys and girls, men and women are made - not born.
- Verlag: Icon Books
- Seitenzahl: 338
- Erscheinungstermin: Januar 2011
- Abmessung: 198mm x 126mm x 25mm
- Gewicht: 273g
- ISBN-13: 9781848312203
- ISBN-10: 1848312202
- Artikelnr.: 32209806