- An Integrative Approach to Therapy and Supervision (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- Suicide Prevention (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- Neuroscience for Counsellors (eBook, ePUB)22,95 €
- A Multidisciplinary Handbook of Child and Adolescent Mental Health for Front-line Professionals, Third Edition (eBook, ePUB)23,95 €
- Improving the Psychological Wellbeing of Children and Young People (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Suicide Among Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
- The "BASIC Ph" Model of Coping and Resiliency (eBook, ePUB)22,95 €
Working with Suicidal Individuals provides a comprehensive guide to understanding suicide, the assessment of risk, and the treatment and management of suicidal individuals.
It begins by covering the theory behind suicidal behaviour, using Transactional Analysis to explore the personality types of suicidal individuals and to understand their motivations. Factors that contribute to an individual becoming suicidal, such as mental illness, are also explored. A comprehensive system for the assessment of suicide risk is provided, including both quantitative and qualitative approaches. Finally, the author discusses different ways suicidal and pseudo-suicidal individuals can be managed and treated, including the 'no suicide contract' and redecision therapy. Case studies are included throughout to demonstrate the theory and practice.
This book will be essential reading for all those working with a suicidal or at-risk individual, including practitioners in health, social work, psychotherapy, psychology and counselling.
- Verlag: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Seitenzahl: 272
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.06.2011
- ISBN-13: 9780857002242
- Artikelnr.: 38231976