- The Rise of Science in Islam and the West (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- A History of the Islamic World, 600-1800 (eBook, PDF)24,95 €
- Encyclopedia of the History of Arabic Science (eBook, PDF)346,95 €
- The Counts of Tripoli and Lebanon in the Twelfth Century (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Contesting the Middle Ages (eBook, PDF)26,95 €
- Muslims and Crusaders (eBook, PDF)19,95 €
The book brings together and treats in depth, using primary and secondary sources in Arabic, Turkish and European languages, subjects that are lightly and uncritically brushed over in non-specialized literature, such as the question of what can be considered to be purely original scientific advancement in Muslim civilization over and above what was inherited from the Greco-Syriac and Indian traditions; what was the place of science in a religious society; and the question of the curious demise of the Muslim scientific renaissance after centuries of creativity. The book also interprets the history of the rise, achievement and decline of scientific study in light of the religious temper and of the political and socio-economic vicissitudes across Islamdom for over a millennium and integrates the Muslim legacy with the history of Latin/European accomplishments. It sets the stage for the next momentous transmission of science: from the West back to the Arabic-speaking world of Islam, from the last half of the 19th century to the early 21st century, the subject of a second volume.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 520
- Erscheinungstermin: 14.12.2017
- ISBN-13: 9781351589260
- Artikelnr.: 50516040