- The Struggle for Soviet Jewry in American Politics (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- Maps of London and Beyond (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- tolino shine 399,00 €
- The Secret History of Soviet Russia's Police State (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Negotiating Caribbean Freedom (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- Famine Echoes - Folk Memories of the Great Irish Famine (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- Menopause - The Commonsense Approach (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
'I can't imagine reading a better book this year' Daily Mirror
Tim Marshall's global bestseller Prisoners of Geography showed how every nation's choices are limited by mountains, rivers, seas and concrete. Since then, the geography hasn't changed. But the world has.
In this revelatory new book, Marshall explores ten regions that are set to shape global politics in a new age of great-power rivalry: Australia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Greece, Turkey, the Sahel, Ethiopia, Spain and Space. Find out why Europe's next refugee crisis is closer than it thinks as trouble brews in the Sahel; why the Middle East must look beyond oil and sand to secure its future; why the eastern Mediterranean is one of the most volatile flashpoints of the twenty-first century; and why the Earth's atmosphere is set to become the world's next battleground.
Delivered with Marshall's trademark wit and insight, this is a lucid and gripping exploration of the power of geography to shape humanity's past, present - and future.
'Another outstanding guide to the modern world. Marshall is a master at explaining what you need to know and why.' Peter Frankopan
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Elliott & Thompson
- Seitenzahl: 272
- Erscheinungstermin: 22. April 2021
- ISBN-13: 9781783965380
- Artikelnr.: 60873667