- The Good Women of the Parish (eBook, ePUB)53,95 €
- Bigamy and Christian Identity in Late Medieval Champagne (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- Gender and Christianity in Medieval Europe (eBook, ePUB)15,95 €
- Preachers, Partisans, and Rebellious Religion (eBook, ePUB)60,95 €
- The Manly Priest (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- Florence and Its Church in the Age of Dante (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
- Holy Warriors (eBook, ePUB)23,95 €
The rich parish records of the small diocese of Bath and Wells include wills, court records, and detailed accounts by lay churchwardens of everyday parish activities. They reveal the differences between parishes within a single diocese that cannot be attributed to regional variation. By using these records show to the range and diversity of late medieval parish life, and a Christianity vibrant enough to accommodate differences in status, wealth, gender, and local priorities, French refines our understanding of lay attitudes toward Christianity in the two centuries before the Reformation.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: University of Pennsylvania Press, Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 320
- Erscheinungstermin: 07.03.2012
- ISBN-13: 9780812201956
- Artikelnr.: 57210521