- Chorology (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Phenomenology of Religious Life (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- History of the Concept of Time (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Against Ethics (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- The Origin of the Logic of Symbolic Mathematics (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Self-Understanding and Lifeworld (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
". . . refreshing and original." -Edward S. Casey
In The Lives of Things, Charles E. Scott reconsiders our relationships with ordinary, everyday things and our capacity to engage them in their particularity. He takes up the Greek notion of phusis, or physicality, as a way to point out limitations in refined and commonplace views of nature and the body as well as a device to highlight the often overlooked lives of things that people encounter. Scott explores questions of unity, purpose, coherence, universality, and experiences of wonder and astonishment in connection with scientific fact and knowledge. He develops these themes with lightness and wit, ultimately articulating a new interpretation of the appearances of things that are beyond the reach of language and thought.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Indiana University Press
- Seitenzahl: 208
- Erscheinungstermin: 10.06.2002
- ISBN-13: 9780253028273
- Artikelnr.: 47465386