- Organizing Archival Records (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- Using Functional Analysis in Archival Appraisal (eBook, ePUB)50,95 €
- Stirrings in the Archives (eBook, ePUB)66,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Archival Basics (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- Donors and Archives (eBook, ePUB)48,95 €
- Managing Local Government Archives (eBook, ePUB)37,95 €
Reappraisal and Deaccessioning in Archives and Special Collections is the first book dedicated entirely to the topic of reappraising and deaccessioning in special collections and archives. This edited volume features 13 chapters offering informed opinions, practical recommendations, and valuable examples for reappraising and deaccessioning.
Readers will gain important insight into the most important element of reappraisal and deaccessioning: decision-making. Through mostly case studies, the chapters address important issues inherent in these practices including: ethical concerns, donor relations, appraisal questions, and disposition options. The case studies cover collaborative and solo projects, various material types such as manuscripts, records, and artifacts, and a range of scenarios from major projects involving thousands of linear feet of material to ad hoc projects removing single items.
Chapter topics include:
- weeding vs. deaccessioning,
- getting rid of contaminated materials,
- donor-driven deaccessioning, and
- using reappraisal and deaccessioning to improve access to existing collections.
Readers will find beneficial information on streamlining workflows, carrying out procedures, creating policies, and implementing these practices locally. Additionally, the chapters cover the intricacies of disposition options, such as transferring to other institutions, returning material to donors, and destruction. This volume can serve as a valuable resource for large and small repositories, experienced and novice archivists, and those working with manuscript and archive collections.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Seitenzahl: 206
- Erscheinungstermin: 26. Juli 2019
- ISBN-13: 9781538116029
- Artikelnr.: 57078766