- African Initiated Churches Facing HIV and AIDS in Zimbabwe (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- Papal Paralysis (eBook, ePUB)74,95 €
- Religion and AIDS Treatment in Africa (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
- Religion, the Secular, and the Politics of Sexual Difference (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Homosexuels et transgenres en Eglise (eBook, ePUB)13,99 €
- Who Told You That God Was Homophobic? (The Bible Is Inclusive, #1) (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
This book explores this development firsthand. While conducting fieldwork in Nairobi, Carey interviewed Muslim and Catholic leaders working in three areas-HIV and AIDS prevention, education, and destigmatization. These recorded observations and accounts help to illustrate that religious officials from within African Catholicism and Sunni Islam are attempting to provide the common inter-religious traditions of mercy, hospitality, and justice in a holistic manner for those living with the virus in the city.
The research that produced this book involved six weeks of fieldwork during the summer of 2014 to help fill in the interstices between anthropological, sociological, and ethnographic accounts provided by other leading academics in their respective fields. It presumed that religious traditions in Kenya exhibit a susceptibility to culture and context and a practical openness to its social environment which then affords this particular work a unique theological perspective in its attempt to identify and analyze patterns of social behavior and religious organization.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.