- The Two Powers (eBook, ePUB)60,95 €
- Negotiating the Landscape (eBook, ePUB)53,95 €
- The Martyrdom of the Franciscans (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- tolino shine 399,00 €
- Florence and Its Church in the Age of Dante (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
- The Manly Priest (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- Inquisition and Power (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
Framed as a history around science, Franciscans and the Elixir of Life focuses on alchemy as a material practice and investigates the Franciscan discourses and traditions that shaped the pursuit of the elixir, providing a rich examination of alchemy and religiosity. Zachary A. Matus makes new connections between alchemy, ritual life, apocalypticism, and the particular commitment of the Franciscan Order to the natural world, shedding new light on the question of why so many people claimed to have made, seen, or used alchemical compounds that could never have existed.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: University of Pennsylvania Press, Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 216
- Erscheinungstermin: 27. April 2017
- ISBN-13: 9780812294064
- Artikelnr.: 56964925