- Democracy, States, and the Struggle for Social Justice (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- How Cities Will Save the World (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Participatory Budgeting in the United States (eBook, PDF)56,95 €
- The Transformative Potential of Participatory Budgeting (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- Participatory Budgeting in Europe (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- After the Third World? (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- Municipalities and Finance (eBook, PDF)48,95 €
Using interesting case studies, the book explores these 3 main themes:
- the meaning of radical democracy in light of recent developments in democratic theory
- new spatial arrangements or scales of democracy - from local to global, from streets protests to the development of transnational networks
- the character and role of states in the development of new forms of democracy
The book asks and answers: are participatory models of democracy viable alternatives in their own right or are they best understood as supplemental to traditional representative democracy? What are the conditions that give rise to the development of such models and are they equally effective at every scale; i.e., do they only realize their radical potential in particular, local places?
A useful text in a broad range of advanced undergraduate courses including social movements, political sociology or geography, political philosophy.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 360
- Erscheinungstermin: 24. April 2009
- ISBN-13: 9781135856823
- Artikelnr.: 42977597