- Chronotopes of the Uncanny (eBook, PDF)26,99 €
- The Politics of Public Space (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
- Experience and Conflict: The Production of Urban Space (eBook, PDF)34,95 €
- Power of the Space Club (eBook, PDF)79,95 €
- Globalization, the City and Civil Society in Pacific Asia (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Russia's Impact on EU Policy Transfer to the Post-Soviet Space (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- The Centralist Tradition of Latin America (eBook, PDF)34,95 €
Unlike many theorists, Avritzer builds his case empirically. He looks at human rights movements in Argentina and Brazil, neighborhood associations in Brazil and Mexico, and election-monitoring initiatives in Mexico. Contending that such participation has not gone far enough, he proposes a way to involve citizens even more directly in policy decisions. For example, he points to experiments in "participatory budgeting" in two Brazilian cities. Ultimately, the concept of such a space beyond the reach of state administration fosters a broader view of democratic possibility, of the cultural transformation that spurred it, and of the tensions that persist, in a region where democracy is both new and different from the Old World models.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Princeton University Press
- Seitenzahl: 208
- Erscheinungstermin: 10.01.2009
- ISBN-13: 9781400825011
- Artikelnr.: 56830914