- In Search of the Christian Buddha: How an Asian Sage Became a Medieval Saint (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- The Expansion of Christianity - Christianity and the Celts (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Popes Against the Jews (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Byzantine Rome and the Greek Popes (eBook, ePUB)34,95 €
- Enkindling Love (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Anchoritism in the Middle Ages (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
Faith in the Byzantine World
For many people the Byzantine world is an intriguing mystery. Here, Mary Cunningham presents readers with an ideal guide to this most fascinating of empires. Covering the period between 330 and 1453, the author begins by providing an outline of the history of the Byzantine Church, and then looks at key aspects of its outward expression, including the solitary ideal; holy places and holy people; service to the community; the nature of belief; and art, architecture and icons.
Faith in the Medieval World
The medieval period constituted a turbulent stage in religious history. Gillian R. Evans begins her immersive account by providing an overview of the development of Christianity in the West in the Middle Ages, before looking at key aspects of medieval faith: the Bible and belief; popular piety and devotion; the Crusades and the idea of 'holy war'; politics and the Church; rebellion against authority; and the road to Reformation. This analysis is a must for all those keen to understand one of the most enthralling periods of history.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Lion Hudson
- Seitenzahl: 270
- Erscheinungstermin: 22. März 2019
- ISBN-13: 9781912552290
- Artikelnr.: 62534623