- How to Become Mother-Friendly (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Handbook of Perinatal and Neonatal Palliative Care (eBook, ePUB)53,95 €
- Clinical Handbook of Neonatal Pain Management for Nurses (eBook, ePUB)53,95 €
- Care Coordination in the NICU (eBook, ePUB)39,95 €
- Physical Assessment of the Newborn, Sixth Edition (eBook, ePUB)51,95 €
- Fast Facts for the Neonatal Nurse, Second Edition (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
Evidence-based research underscores the importance of breastfeeding for the healthy development of late preterm infants, yet significant challenges can impede its success. This is a groundbreaking, problem-solving guide to the most effective techniques for breastfeeding this vulnerable population. Written for lactation consultants, NICU nurses, obstetrical nurses, and nurse-midwives, the book offers clear, simple, evidence-based solutions to the distinct breastfeeding difficulties affecting late preterm infants.
The guide describes the characteristics of late preterm infants and the physiological challengesóoften invisible and overlooked by health care providersócaused by disturbances of respiratory, metabolic, neurologic, and immunologic functions. These problems are often exacerbated by poor breastfeeding and result in 13% of hospital readmissions by late preterm infants. The book examines maternal conditions that affect breastfeeding success and provides detailed, easy-to-follow instructions for the most effective breastfeeding techniques. It describes specific strategies health care professionals can take to overcome breastfeeding difficulties, including proper positioning and latch technique, the use of breast pumps and other helpful equipment, supplemental feedings, and more. Pictures that illustrate correct procedures clarify specific techniques, and user-friendly patient teaching guides further encourage successful breastfeeding. The book also supports the goals of many hospitals seeking to achieve Baby-Friendly Status, as well as the goals of the Multidisciplinary Guidelines for Care of Late Preterm Infants recently issued by the National Perinatal Association.
- Comprises the only comprehensive guide specific to the breastfeeding issues of late preterm infants
- Describes developmental challenges faced by late preterm infants
- Provides detailed, easy-to-follow instructions for breastfeeding and techniques for overcoming difficulties
- Offers clear, simple, evidence-based solutions that nurses, lactation consultants, and midwives can offer to mothers
- Supports the goals of hospitals seeking Baby-Friendly Status
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer Publishing Company
- Seitenzahl: 280
- Erscheinungstermin: 11.11.2013
- ISBN-13: 9780826196040
- Artikelnr.: 44767391