- Suburban Space, the Novel and Australian Modernity (eBook, ePUB)24,95 €
- Ecocritical Concerns and the Australian Continent (eBook, ePUB)75,95 €
- Neoliberalism and Cultural Transition in New Zealand Literature, 1984-2008 (eBook, ePUB)92,95 €
- A Companion to Australian Aboriginal Literature (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
- Christos Tsiolkas and the Fiction of Critique (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- Australia as the Antipodal Utopia (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
- Thomas Keneally's Career and the Literary Machine (eBook, ePUB)36,95 €
An account of fraught and complex cross-cultural literary exchange between two highly distinct - even uniquely opposed - reading contexts, Australian Literature in the German Democratic Republic has resonance for all newly global reckonings of the cultural Cold War. Working from the extraordinary records of the East German publishing and censorship regime, the authors materially track the production and reception of one country's corpus as envisioned by another. The 90 Australian titles published in the GDR form an alternative canon, revealing a shadowy literary archive that rewrites Australia's postwar cultural history from behind the iron curtain and illuminates multiple ironies for the GDR as a 'reading nation'. This book brings together leading German and Australian scholars in the fields of book history, German and Australian cultural history, Australian and postcolonial literatures, and postcolonial and cross-cultural theory, with emerging writers currently navigating between the two cultures.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Anthem Press
- Seitenzahl: 274
- Erscheinungstermin: 19.06.2016
- ISBN-13: 9781783085255
- Artikelnr.: 45972671