- Alfonso X, the Justinian of His Age (eBook, ePUB)23,95 €
- Rancor and Reconciliation in Medieval England (eBook, PDF)53,95 €
- Shifting Landmarks (eBook, PDF)52,95 €
- Laws of Early Iceland (eBook, PDF)16,99 €
- Strafrechts- und Kriminalitätsgeschichte der Frühen Neuzeit (eBook, PDF)25,95 €
- Let Justice Be Done: An Analysis of Early Developments in English Common Law, 1066-1400 (eBook, PDF)34,99 €
- tolino shine 388,99 €
Alfonso X, the Justinian of His Age highlights the struggles the king faced in creating a new, coherent, inclusive, and all-embracing body of law during his reign, O'Callaghan also considers Alfonso X's own understanding of his role as king, lawgiver, and defender of the faith in order to evaluate the impact of his achievement on the administration of justice. Indeed, such was the power and authority of the Alfonsine code that it proved the king's downfall when his son invoked it to challenge his rule.
Throughout this soaring legal and historical biography, O'Callaghan reminds us of the long-term impacts of Alfonso X's legal works, not just on Castilian (and later, Iberian) life, but on the administration of justice across the world.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Cornell University Press
- Seitenzahl: 390
- Altersempfehlung: ab 18 Jahre
- Erscheinungstermin: 15. Mai 2019
- ISBN-13: 9781501735905
- Artikelnr.: 56978779