One of the hardest parts of game development is actually finishing a game, but it is also one of the most important steps on the way to becoming a game developer. If you have yet to finish a game, this book will give you the confidence and resources you need to finally be able to create your very own RPG. Once you've completed the game in this book, you'll be able to modify it as much as you like, adding new monsters and quests, and you'll have the skills to go on to create your second game all by yourself. Among the topics covered in this book are:
- Creating various types of enemy encounters via the use of the eventing system.
- Creating a special area that allows the player to pick their character of choice instead of being forced to play a particular character.
- Clever uses of events to create items that allow the player to return to town instantly and summon vehicles to their side.
- Verlag: Springer, Berlin; Apress
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-1-4842-1041-3
- Erscheinungstermin: 31. März 2015
- Abmessung: 235mm x 155mm x 13mm
- Gewicht: 400g
- ISBN-13: 9781484210413
- ISBN-10: 1484210417
- Artikelnr.: 42052411
Chapter 2: The Characters of our Game
Chapter 3: The Upper Catacombs of Eagle's Crossing
Chapter 4: Populating Eagle's Crossing
Chapter 5: The Lower Catacombs of Eagle's Crossing
Chapter 6: The Caves
Chapter 7: The Pixie's Forest (West)
Chapter 8: The Pixie's Forest (East)
Chapter 9: The Ancient Temple
Chapter 10: What Comes Next
Chapter 11: Appendix