- The representation of women with a distinct focus on the main character Beth Heke in the movie "Once were warriors"13,99 €
- Janie's emancipation - The "gaze of the Other" in Zora Neale Hurston's "Their Eyes Were Watching God"14,99 €
- African American Vernacular English and its Use in "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston13,99 €
- Zora Neale Hurston and "Their Eyes Were Watching God"14,99 €
- Dissent and Assent in Alan Sillitoe's Novel "Saturday Night and Sunday Morning". The Dilemma of Arthur Seaton13,99 €
- Mortality in the novel "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. An exploration of the theme with reference to the cancer patients Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters13,99 €
- Men and Masculinity. The Presentation of Men and Male Relationships in Three Contemporary British Novels44,99 €
Both novels deal with resistance and social change and we can find representations of strong Maori having a positive influence on their family and their environment. The main struggles with effects of colonialism and imperialism after the English settlers arrived are topics in both books. The main characters Te Paania and Beth Heke seem to be very different at the beginning, but both represent the ideal of a Maori women, being a leader and a warrior.
In the next chapters I want to give a short introduction to the social status of Maori women in New Zealand before the colonization and after the English settlers arrived. Then I will compare the characters of Beth Heke from the novel "Once were Warriors" and Te Paania from the novel "Baby Noeyes".
I want to focus mainly on their struggles and the finding of solutions for their own wellbeing and the wellbeing of their family. Finally, in the last chapters I want to draw a conclusion and find out, in how far the representation of the Maori women serve each novel's wider political project.
- Verlag: GRIN Verlag
- 1. Auflage
- Seitenzahl: 20
- Erscheinungstermin: 14. Juni 2016
- Abmessung: 210mm x 148mm x 1mm
- Gewicht: 44g
- ISBN-13: 9783668204720
- ISBN-10: 3668204721
- Artikelnr.: 45191724