- The Skripal Files9,99 €
- Revolt17,99 €
- The Skripal Files17,99 €
- Kampf um Kobanê12,80 €
- Our Women on the Ground12,99 €
- Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World22,99 €
- The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit1.154,99 €
In 2012 the rebel suburb of Daraya in Damascus was brutally besieged by Syrian government forces. Four years of suffering ensued, punctuated by shelling, barrel bombs and chemical gas attacks. People's homes were destroyed and their food supplies cut off; disease was rife.
Yet in this man-made hell, forty young Syrian revolutionaries embarked on an extraordinary project, rescuing all the books they could find in the bombed-out ruins of their home town. They used them to create a secret library, in a safe place, deep underground. It became their school, their university, their refuge. It was a place to learn, to exchange ideas, to dream and to hope.
Based on lengthy interviews with these young men, conducted over Skype by the award-winning French journalist Delphine Minoui, The Book Collectors of Daraya is a powerful testament to freedom, tolerance and the power of literature.
Translated from the French by Lara Vergnaud.
- Verlag: Macmillan Publishers International / Picador
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 83719
- Air Iri OME
- Altersempfehlung: ab 18 Jahren
- Erscheinungstermin: 12. November 2020
- Abmessung: 230mm x 154mm x 22mm
- Gewicht: 286g
- ISBN-13: 9781529012323
- ISBN-10: 1529012325
- Artikelnr.: 59299410