In Strategic Management Dynamics Kim Warren provides a valuable teaching resource, which can be used as a core textbook to bring strategy to life. With numerous examples from different sectors, the book is supported by a rich variety of simulation-based learning materials that are essential if strategy principles are to be experienced, rather than just discussed.
For those who have already learned about strategy, this book provides an important update and extension of their knowledge.
- Many simulation models to demonstrate dynamics principles in strategy as well as in marketing, human-resource management, R&D, operations management and other functions - ideal for class exercises and assignments.
- A detailed worked example built up from chapter to chapter, illustrating the key frameworks of strategy dynamics analysis.
- Extensive discussion of established strategy frameworks, adapted to demonstrate implications for how organisations perform over time.
- Numerous academic and managerial references as useful supplements in degree courses and executive education.
- End-of-chapter questions and exercises, supported by detailed worksheets.
- Extensive on-line support materials for both lecturers and students.
- Verlag: John Wiley & Sons / Wiley, John, & Sons, Inc
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 14506067000
- Seitenzahl: 720
- Erscheinungstermin: 7. Dezember 2007
- Abmessung: 237mm x 190mm x 37mm
- Gewicht: 1470g
- ISBN-13: 9780470060674
- ISBN-10: 0470060670
- Artikelnr.: 23010869
- Chapter 1: Performance Through Time
- Chapter 2: Resources Drive Performance
- Chapter 3: Resource Accumulation
- Chapter 4: The Strategic Architecture
PART 2: BUILDING STRATEGY, AND COMPETING THROUGH TIME
- Chapter 5: Resource Attributes
- Chapter 6: Resource Development
- Chapter 7: Rivalry
PART 3: CONTROLLING STRATEGY AND INTANGIBLE FACTORS
- Chapter 8: Goals and Controls
- Chapter 9: Intangible Resources
- Chapter 10: Capabilities