- Understanding Flowers and Flowering: An Integrated Approach124,99 €
- Plant Life of a Desert Archipelago: Flora of the Sonoran Islands in the Gulf of California66,99 €
- Field Guide to Tidal Wetland Plants of the Northeastern United States and Neighboring Canada: Vegetation of Beaches, Tidal Flats, Rocky Shores, Marshe90,99 €
- Flora: Inside the Secret World of Plants39,99 €
- Succulent Flora of Southern Africa27,99 €
- Field Guide to the Wild Flowers of the Algarve48,99 €
- Woody Plants of the Southeastern United States55,99 €
The processes and mechanisms that control the growth of woody plants are of crucial importance for both economic and biological reasons. The comprehensive coverage of Growth Control in Woody Plants includes discussion of the growth controlling factors in both reproductive structures (flowers, fruit, seeds, pollen, etc.) and vegetative organs (stems, branches, leaves, and roots). Other major topics covered include seed germination, seedling growth, physiological and environmental regulation of growth, cultural practices, and biotechnology.
This comprehensive treatment of the many factors that control the growth of woody plants can serve both as a valuable text and as a frequently used reference.
- Includes comprehensive representation of a broad subject
- Provides thorough bibliographic coverage
- Well illustrated
- Serves as a vital companion to Physiology of Woody Plants, Second Edition
"The book will be useful for students and researchers already familiar with plant physiology because it provides an efficient means of accessing the primary literature in an impressive array of topics. The authors are to be commended for a no-nonsense compilation of the vast literature on woody plant physiology."
--THE QUARTERLY REVIEW OF BIOLOGY
"...this book gives a broad and valuable overview for students on woody plants and many fields of applied and basic plant science. It can also be used as a reference book for researchers."
--JOURNAL OF PLANT PHYSIOLOGY
Table of contents:
Introduction. Seed Germination and Seedling Growth. Physiological Regulation of Vegetative Growth. Physiological Regulation of Reproductive Growth. Environmental Regulation of Vegetative Growth. Environmental Regulation of Reproductive Growth. Cultural Practices and Vegetative Growth. Cultural Practices and Reproductive Growth. Biotechnology. Subject Index.
- Physiological Ecology
- Verlag: ACADEMIC PR INC
- Seitenzahl: 641
- Erscheinungstermin: Dezember 1996
- Abmessung: 235mm x 158mm x 32mm
- Gewicht: 1089g
- ISBN-13: 9780124242104
- ISBN-10: 0124242103
- Artikelnr.: 22429953