Divided into three parts - Version Control, Project Management and Teamwork - this book reveals what waits for you in the real world and how to resolve the problems you may run into. Once past the basics of Git, you'll see how to manage a software project, and finally how to utilize Git and GithHub to work effectively as a team.
You'll examine how to plan, follow and execute a project with GitHub, and then apply those concepts to real-world situations. Workaround the pitfalls that most programmers fall into when driving a project with Git by using proven tactics to avoid them. You will also be taught the easiest and quickest ways to resolve merge conflicts.
A lot of modern books on Git don't go into depth about non-technical topics. Beginning Git and GitHub will help you cover all the bases right at the start of your career.
What You'll Learn
- Review basic and advanced concepts of Git
- Apply Project Management skills using GitHub
- Solve conflicts or, ideally, avoid them altogether
- Use advanced concepts for a more boosted workflow
Who This book Is For
New developers, developers that have never worked in a team environment before, developers with basic knowledge of Git or GitHub, or anyone who works with text documents.
- Verlag: Apress / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-1-4842-5312-0
- 1st ed.
- Seitenzahl: 312
- Erscheinungstermin: 1. Dezember 2019
- Abmessung: 254mm x 178mm x 16mm
- Gewicht: 591g
- ISBN-13: 9781484253120
- ISBN-10: 1484253124
- Artikelnr.: 57380092