- Coming to England (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Ich glaube, es hackt! (eBook, ePUB)15,99 €
- Sojourner Truth (eBook, ePUB)7,03 €
- Black and British: A short, essential history (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- The Lemon Tree (Young Readers' Edition) (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Twilight Companion (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- The Silk Roads (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
Floella Benjamin was just a young girl when she, her sister and two brothers arrived in England in 1960 to join their parents, whom they had not seen for fifteen months. They had left the island paradise of Trinidad to make a new home in London - part of a whole generation of West Indians who were encouraged to move to Britain and help rebuild the country after the Second World War.
Reunited with her mother, Floella was too overwhelmed at first to care about the cold weather and the noise and dirt from the traffic. But, as her new life began, she was shocked and distressed by the rejection she experienced. She soon realized that the only way to survive was to work twice as hard and be twice as good as anyone else.
This inspirational story is a powerful reminder that courage and determination can overcome adversity.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Pan Macmillan
- Seitenzahl: 144
- Altersempfehlung: ab 9 Jahre
- Erscheinungstermin: 6. Oktober 2016
- ISBN-13: 9781509848317
- Artikelnr.: 45699347