- Sweet as Cane, Salty as Tears (eBook, ePUB)11,89
- The Fall of Tartarus (eBook, ePUB)3,55
- A Restless Wind (eBook, ePUB)2,69
- Her Own Paradise (Southern Comfort, #3) (eBook, ePUB)3,57
- The Largesse of the Sea Maiden (eBook, ePUB)9,49
- Jasmine Kisses (Southern Comfort, #2) (eBook, ePUB)3,57
- Muezzinland: the author’s edition (eBook, ePUB)3,65
This scarifying trip into the near future provides an extraordinary look at women in the contemporary world.
Marooned on Schell Isle in a pre-apocalyptic near future, the women are waiting. The men have all gone to war - the ultimate sexist act. When he comes back will he be welcomed? It's an open question. But today is the day everything begins to change. What unknown force is rushing towards the island? What do the women have to fear? Is it the murderous Outlaw family, riding their way and bent on revenge, or the men, or an enemy within?
But the bikers are coming: sixteen in all, in black helmets emblazoned with a silver cross, metaphysical infonauts who run computer programs in a ceaseless search for the name of God. They pray for the dead and when they have to, they ride out on their bikes to defend the living. Until they lift the face plates you will not know who they are. Watch out for them. The Little Sisters of the Apocalypse.
"A touching tribute to the author's mother, a bittersweet space-age tale on the nature of women and loss." - Kirkus Reviews
"Her stories are sharp, transgressive and full of the unexpected, with enough keen social observations to launch a thousand dissertations. " - Chelsea Cain in The New York Times Book Review
"Reed has a prose style that's pure dry ice, displayed in dystopian stories that specialize in bitterness and dislocation." - The New York Times Book Review
- Verlag: infinity plus
- Erscheinungstermin: 12.06.2015
- ISBN-13: 9781513041308
- Artikelnr.: 43847415